Holy Moly, My Weekend Is Over!

I can't believe what a busy weekend I had! I felt like it was non-stop since Thanksgiving. My sister, Lisa, got in on Friday afternoon. We went to visit Mandy and Hailey, since Lisa hadn't seen her since August! After that, we ate at my parents' house, and it was turkey day all over again! Then Lisa, Joan and I went out for martinis. I did NOT drink as much as the last time I went to Shadow. lol It was fun, though! By the time we got home, it was 11:30pm. I felt old, I usually go out at that time, not come home by then!!

Saturday was resting in the morning, and then a little shopping in the afternoon. We then went to my parents' again for dinner, and afterward, we went to see the new Harry Potter movie. It was very good! I still get hot and heavy over Alan Rickman as Prof. Snape. Yum, I say, yum!

Sunday was Hailey's baptism. It was very nice. Every time the priest came over to bless her, she was awed by him, and just smiled away. She is too freakin' cute, I tell ya! We went to Mandy's house afterward for lots of food, and we had a very nice time. When Lisa and I got back here, we put up my Christmas tree. And then we watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Cute movie, but not totally true to the books. Shocking.

Today we went out to breakfast at The Original Pancake House. I will not eat there again! The food was ok, but not for the prices they were charging. It was just ridiculous! I had a small orange juice, and the glass looked like a tall shot glass. And the damn thing was $2.10! Just crazy, I tell you! After, Lisa and my parents and I wandered the mall we used to frequent all the time when we were growing up. It's sad how much it went downhill, but nice to see it's trying to be revived. Hopefully more places will rent out the spaces in there, and it might be somewhat happening again soon!

Lisa left tonight, we dropped her off at the aiport around 5:30. It was sad to see her go, but she will be driving back up here on Dec. 23rd. With her puppy! That's not too far around the corner! :)

I am exhausted, and should have gone to bed hours ago. However, I am going now! I have more to share, but I really need some sleep. So, until tomorrow! :)

Comments

it sounds like all is well in your world and I am so glad:):):) judi
ps... the archive issue is fixed....
Mortimer said…
I am so sorry, I still write the Cafe on AOL. If you still have an AOL account or an AIM address, let me know and I will put you on the list. I am keeping the AOL Cafe private but, I let J-landers in since we all hate the ads so much, I know none of us are going to click on them.

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day