AOL Irritates Me!!

Perhaps it's a little risque having that title, but it's the gosh darn truth!! Why am I irritated, you wonder? Well, I shall tell you!!

So, I've been a part of AOL's Ask A Teacher program for almost 5 years now. It was a tutoring program that featured live tutoring rooms and message boards for students in grades K-12, even college students. I spent almost all those years as a tutor for the live rooms, and I thought it was great! However, big changes began happening since last fall. On Sept. 17th, AOL closed the live rooms "temporarily" to update. They told us we could have a few weeks off until they got a "new and improved" program up and running. Well, almost 2 months later, we got an entirely different program.....without the rooms!! Well, that sent everyone into a tizzy. We ventured into a "live message board" program which never felt live at all. Just as I was getting used to this, I get email today stating that all Community Leader programs were being cancelled. Dropped. No more. So that means, while we can still probably answer message board questions, we must do so under our regular screen names. This bites big time!!

While this is frustrating, what is even more frustrating is that we no longer get free AOL. Yes, that's right. While volunteering for this program, we got free AOL. Because of that, I have not budgeted for internet service in 5 years. They are allowing us one more year of free service, and then we have to pay for it. And considering the price of AOL, there is absolutely NO WAY I can afford it! How much can my already stretched budget go?? I'm gonna have to find the cheapest internet service possible, or just go use the library to check mail. I know, it's a year away, but I must think about these things!!

Ugh, I'm really ticked off right now!! I need to eat something bad for me. Maybe a Klondike bar would be good right about now. Probably, considering I haven't had dinner.



Written by melonlady1724 . Link to this entry
This entry has 1 comments: (Add your own)
Boy, does that suck. Comment from luvmort - 5/31/05 1:15 PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day