My Weekend

My weekend in Horseheads, NY was very nice! We didn't do too much on Friday after getting there. We had dinner, and 2 of my younger cousins were dropped off to spend the night because their parents were out gallavanting in a limo with friends. Now, I must admit, that these 2 cousins aren't really on the top of my list. However, I think since they are growing older, they are less annoying! I actually had a nice evening with them, talking and playing cards. One of them said she felt bad for me, because of the oxygen and everything. I told her about my lung condition, and that it could be worse: I might not be here! She was like, true, I'm glad you are! It was rather endearing, I think. :)

Saturday was spent getting ready for the shower at 4pm. My mom went out with my aunt for a bunch of things, and I tried to decorate for a while. I also put together the favors, which were flower pots with pansies. They turned out to be very pretty, but I hate working with dirt, so I tried to get it over with as fast as I could. lol Then we all eventually were putting things together. Boy, did we have a ton of food! People started coming before 4pm, and before I knew it, my grandma's house was filled with people! We had a lot of fun, though. The games were entertaining, especially the baby food game. Everyone had to guess what food was in the jar without opening or tasting it. I thought it was funny at how those jars were being analyzed! lol Then my sis and her hubby opened the gifts. They got some really nice things! My mom gave them a bunch of outfits that my sister used to wear when she was a little girl. I thought that was too cute!! So, all in all, it was a very nice shower, and I'm glad that everyone had a good time. At least that's what they were telling me! lol

I brought my jewelry with me, and I will be making a necklace set for one of my aunts when I get the colors she wants. Another aunt bought 2 necklace sets, and gave me more money than I was asking, because she thinks I need to be asking for more money!! lol I didn't argue with her. lol I am sort of just starting out, so I didn't know what to ask for! Perhaps I should be asking for more, I'll consider it!

Sunday before leaving for home, my mom, Grandma, and I went to see another one of my aunt's new apartment. Yes, I have a lot of aunts. lol This aunt is mentally challenged, and she is just a wonderful person. The apartment she'll be moving in to is so nice for her, and I can see why she can't wait! It's much closer to my Grandma's house than where she lives now, so it'll be easier to get her when things go on. I'm excited for her when she gets to move in. Right now, they are waiting for someone to inspect the apartment from Social Services to make sure it's ok for her. I wish they weren't taking their good old time!!

My only problem during the weekend was feeling rather out of breath no matter what I was doing. And I'm not sure why it happened. It could have been the weather, it was rather humid and damp feeling. It could have been the atmosphere, since it is rather hilly where my Grandma lives. I'm not really sure. I do feel a little better today, although tired. So who knows. I still had a really nice time! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day