Are You Kidding Me??

Today I decided to make my monthly trip to Walmart, for my monthly crap that I need to buy. I had my list, because nowadays just remembering anything in my head is laughable. I got some vitamins, browsed the dental aisle, picked out cottonballs and some Calgon spray (that I put back later), and was heading toward the bead section (oh my gosh, beads????), when I stopped near the toy aisle with an appalled look on my face. I wasn't shocked at any of the toys. No, I had suddenly decided to listen to the music the store was playing.

It....was....a......CHRISTMAS TUNE.

What....the....fiddlesticks?????

I mean, I know there are Christmas decorations and that kind of stuff out, they've been out for weeks. But that kind of stuff you can just walk on by and not pay any attention until you really want to. However, the music is something you can't really escape!! I mean, seriously?? I walked by an employee humming to one of the tunes, and I just had to laugh at myself! I almost stopped and asked her how much she wanted to bet that by the time December 1st comes around, she'll want to blow out the speakers of any entertainment system playing Jingle Bells!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I know that I've been buying Christmas gifts for months now, but I am really really not ready for the Christmas music yet!!! Talk about getting me out of the Christmas spirit!!

Comments

phtony said…
sometimes I listen to cmas tunes in the summer...wishin it was cmas time lol

but yea, let's have thanksgiving first :-)
Nancy said…
I love Christmas music, but I don't start listening to it until after Thanksgiving.

I imagine that same employee will not be humming that tune in two weeks.

I managed to find some excellent sales in April, so ALL of my Christmas shopping is done at a fraction of what I spent last year.
Anonymous said…
OMG..I am so not ready for all that..but I guess it will be here soon..what about Thanksgiving??They always get so ahead and seems after Halloween it is all Christmas..I have not bought any gifts yet...ARGHH..I have seen all he decorations, etc out before Halloween was even done...

LOL I bet the employees will be ready to shoot something after hearing that for 2 months!!

Have a great day:))

Love & Hugs,
Jen
Annette said…
I have been away from my blog reading for too long! You've done so writing since I was last here!! I don't know where to start on the comments! Well, I guess I'll comment on your neighbor's adorable dog/cow! My "boys" would have chewed the *&^% out of that costume, looking more like the Tazmanian Devil! And, the Christmas music? The commercialization of the birth of our Lord is so frustrating! But, I do love the presents!
Mad Asthmatic said…
Supermarkets in the UK have had advent calenders in store since September. It seems to get earlier every year.

I buy presents throughout the year as it spreads the cost which is vital when living on a tight budget.

Mad Asthmatic

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day