I Got Drugs!

I called my PCP's office this morning when I got up. My throat was still bugging me, although not as bad, but I figured I'd still call anyway because I also had a very swollen right gland. I left a message, and they called me back about 20 minutes later, and scheduled an appt with the nurse practitioner at 3:30pm.

I got to the office a few minutes early, checked in, went to find a seat, and saw this guy who was very familiar to me. He glanced up and saw me, and he broke out into a huge grin. It was Ricky, a friend of my dad's who, funnily enough, I saw at this same office a few years ago! LOL! He got up and gave me a big hug, and we went to sit down. He asked me how I was doing, I said well besides sick, I was good. He asked how my dad was, and I said he was good, and then the nurse called Ricky's name. Darn it!! I wanted to talk to him more!! I always liked Ricky, he is such a nice guy. And I know he's an older man, but he's also easy on the eyes. Not that I would ever go there. hahahahaha!!

I got called back about 10 minutes later, and the nurse took my weight. Umm, yeah, what she wrote down is not what I weigh. I'd take off 5lbs, b/c I weigh myself at home, and I know I've been steady at my weight lately! lol I am also not saying this b/c I think I'm fat or anything. I don't want anyone thinking I'm complaining about my weight!! ANYWHOO.....I waited 10 more minutes for the NP to come in. She started going over what meds I take, b/c for some reason, no one could find my chart!! I've only been going to the same doctor for like 15 years or more!! She asked me what my symptoms were, checked my blood pressure (which was fine), and checked my lungs. All clear there, yay!! She looked into my right ear and said "Ewww, doesn't your ear hurt??" Every time I get a cold, my right ear usually is infected, but for whatever reason, it hadn't really been hurting me. Maybe because I've been taking so much Tylenol, I hadn't really noticed!! She checked my other ear, it was fine. She checked up my nose (now that is eww!), and that was fine, then she checked my throat. I did ask if she thought I had strep, and she said she didn't think so, but said we could do a strep test anyway. I told her to go for it! About 8 minutes later, after gagging me with the stick of cotton, the test turned out negative. Yay! She wrote me a script for amoxicillin, my usual, antibiotice of choice. I decided to ask her also about my left leg, and told her how it's been hurting on and off for about a year. I told her that my doc did xrays last summer, and nothing must have showed since I got no calls about it. She asked where it hurt, and I showed her, and she thought it was sciatic. So she asked if I'd been given a muscle relaxer, and I said no. She prescribed 5mg Flexiril, and to take it at night if I need it. In two weeks, I go back to my doctor for a checkup, and I will talk to her more about it!

I went to Rite Aid afterward to get my drugs filled, and to pick up a couple that I had called in days before. I also got some soups, and a bag of toasted chips, I can't remember what they are and I'm not getting up to read the bag. They are yummy, though! lol My mom called me when I got back to my car, and said she had some turkey dinner from the block club meeting for me, so I stopped by for a bit to pick it up. After that, I went home, had dinner, and watched some tv for a bit. I am now off to bed, and I sure am hoping I have a better night sleep than I did last night!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glade you got drugs:))) Hope they get you feeling better soon..

I hope thst Flexeril helped at night as well..Have a great Friday:))

Take care...

Love & Hugs,
Jen
Nancy said…
Rest and let the medication do its job. Enjoy the soups, too.
phtony said…
being sick: yuck - I agree about the doctor's scales; they add 5 lbs to me every time too - are you taking a daily vitamin? - I started taking one back in late '06 & I haven't been really sick since (knock on wood), whereas I used to get sick two or three times a year every year

well, drink some OJ, eat your soup, & pull the covers tight,

hugs,

T

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day