PH Awareness Month - Post #15

This post is about phriends, and it comes at a time that is most desparately poignant for me. What are phriends, you ask? Phriends are friends who have PH. Phriends are the ones I have become close with over the past several years while posting messages and going to chat rooms on the Pulmonary Hypertension Association website. Phriends are the people who completely get me and how I am feeling, and I can totally understand what they are going through as well. Phriends come from all over the world. While many of my phriends live in the U.S., I have also met phriends from the U.K., Germany, Canada, Mexico, and Australia. My phriends understand when I say that I'm a little sob means that I'm out of breath, and not that I'm a son of a bitch! My phriends get it when I say I got really tired because I cleaned a room or put away laundry, or went to a few stores on a chilly day. Phriends are there to comfort each other, to wish each other well if we are sick, to pray or have good thoughts for each other when we are dealing with something.

Phriends have become so important in my life. When I pray at night, I ask God to Bless my family, my friends, and my phriends. Every one of my phriends have something they are dealing with, whether it is PH related (usually it is), or something else that is going on in their life, that needs prayers, so I include them and care for them just as much as I do for my family and friends.

I didn't know what to post today about PH until this afternoon. One of my phriends is in dire need of prayers and good thoughts. He is a phriend I care for dearly, one of my best buddies online. Mason is a 20 year old double lung transplant recipient, and he has had it rough since the summer. He started chronic rejection, and when he finally started getting answers after switching back to his old doctors in L.A., he thought maybe he'd finally be able to start feeling better. This hasn't quite happened. He was in the hospital several weeks ago with issues, and just a few days ago, he went in again. Only this time it seems to be worse. There are so many phriends praying for him, worrying about him, and hoping beyond hope that he will pull through this. I feel like I've been begging God on and off today to please please please let Mason get through this, and to let him get stronger. I know God has plans for Mason, and I know I'll never understand what they are. But I am hoping God will hear the prayers of so many who want this young man to get better, to be able to recover and live a life he's wanted to live. Mason is the reason I wanted to post about phriends today. Because he truly is one of the closest phriends I've had, and I am having a hard time not talking to him many times a day like we usually do!!

Comments

Cathy said…
I couldn't have said any better!
Mason will get through this. He is strong and he is a fighter.
Anonymous said…
Wow..Great job..You said it wonderful:))
I know you especially are dealing with this hard..Mason is such a great guy and a Fighter..I know I am praying all day for him..I tried to stay busy and get shopping done but really not in the mood..Just could not stop thinking of Mason and his family and also all of us PHriends..Just know I am here when and if you ever need to talk..I better get IM now..LOl

Hold your head up and have a good day:))

Love & Hugs,
Jen
Teddybear said…
Well said Colleen. I think we all are praying for Mason. Thank you for updating us on all who are ill, in the hospital or just MIA. Thank you for all that you do.

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day