PH Awareness Month - Post #20

I thought today I would type my good PH deed for the day! There have been workers on my street for the past almost 2 weeks now, working on the gas line. This morning I noticed that they had dug a huge hole in the front of my yard! Technically, it is the city's land after the sidewalk, but still, I wasn't pleased! So they were doing something, and around 1pm-ish, I heard the doorbell ring, and banging. I go to answer it, and no one was there, but there was a worker across the street telling me to hang on a minute. He came over, said the gas accidentally got turned off, and could he see if mine was ok? Sure, I said. He went down to the basement, did something, came back up the stairs mumbling about how it was off, and they'd get it back on again. Soon. He hoped. And walked out the door. Well alrighty, greeeeeaaaaat.

My mom picked me up about 40 minutes later, and after going to the post office, we came back around my house, and stopped to ask a few workers when the gas would be back on. One of the guys said it would be awhile, but they'd knock on people's doors to let them know it was on and to turn the pilot lights back on. I said we were going grocery shopping, and the guy said it would definitely take that much time, maybe even more! Gee whiz, what did they do??? Anyway, we went to two grocery stores, and I got back around 5pm. Still no gas! The heat was at 61 in the house, but for some reason, I was really warm, so I stayed and put stuff away.

I was on the phone with Mandy when my doorbell rang around 5:30. It was a gas man! He said he was going to turn the gas back on, but he had to check a few things out first. I said that was fine, turned the light on for him, and mentioned something about how the gas smell had been bugging me because I had health problems. He was like really? You look good to me, and I bet you get asked out all the time. I was like, naa not really (thinking to myself, hmmmm, he's hitting on me!). He said really?? I'm surprised! And he goes down into the basement. He came up a couple minutes later, had to go outside, came back in, and started filling out some paperwork. I ended up telling him I have pulmonary hypertension along with a heart defect, and again he was so surprised because I didn't "look the part." I told him my meds must have been working that day (thanks to Merle for that response!). I also said I wear oxygen all the time, I just hadn't put it back on yet after getting home. We ended up chatting back and forth for like 20 minutes! I did tell him it was PH Awareness month, so now another person was informed about the disease! He was getting ready to leave and said something about maybe stopping by some time and saying hi. Then he said, or maybe he could give me a call some time. It took me by surprise a little, but I told him I had a business card since I made jewelry, and I gave it to him.

THAT IS SO NOT ME!!!!!!!

I could tell he was surprised I offered my number, but kinda happy at the same time. He said he'd give me a call, maybe this weekend. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He did sorta spew out at the last minute that he wasn't married, never has been, and doesn't have kids. I didn't even ask that! We said our goodbyes, I shut the door, and just kinda stood shell-shocked for a few minutes in my kitchen with a smirk on my face.

Not only did I make him aware of PH, I gave him my number!!! And even after I told him about wearing the oxygen, he still was happy to have my number!! HMMMMMMMMM!!

So that is my PH awareness blog of the day. Kinda a bit on the personal side, but hey, I spread the word! LOL!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Is that PH or Colleen Awareness? LOL..Rawrr..Are you on the prowl??LOL(Jk)
I told you..you are HOTT;)

I guess a little of both:))

Great job and maybe you can go out and get coffee?? Was he nice looking at least??LOL..

I was laughing with you on this one..great job..

Love & Hugs,
Jen
Wendy's Mom said…
WTG COLLEEN!! I am so excited for you. I cannot wait to hear if he calls you!! You better call and let me know! LOL!!

I have told you that you are a very special person with a big heart. LOL!!

Love,
Sheila
Nancy said…
Congratulations on breaking through a wall. I am happy for you. As Jen said, go out for a coffee and go from there.
Cathy said…
Hey Hot lady,
You did PH and you a good deed!
When I read it I thought it was cute and I was smiling :)
WTG!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day