Ca-ching!

Last night was the jewelry party Mandy and I had been planning for for weeks. I really wasn't sure how it was going to go, and neither was she. But, I think it went well! We had quite a few people who showed up. We had a ton of goodies to eat! We had made a chocolate fondue, and a cheese fondue. In original 1970's fondue pots!! We had a wide variety of things to dip: carrots, celery, cauliflower, strawberries, apples, pound cake, brownies, marshmallows, tortilla chips, breads, and pita chips. Joanie made this fabulous crab thing, it was very yummy, too!! We had spiked punch, and non-spiked punch! And, several wines. We also had many leftovers!

When I went downstairs after I got to Mandy's house a couple hours before the party, I saw all of her stuff on a couple tables. I was overwhelmed by how much she had made. I also couldn't believe how gorgeous everything was!! She had glass pendants of all various shapes, sizes, and colors. She had glass magnet sets. She made really pretty (but apparently pain-in-the-ass to make) bracelets! She also had candle holders that were really nice. I am a glass-a-holic, and I wanted all of it!! LOL!

I set up all of my jewelry, and had to keep squeezing boxes together so that everything fit on the table. I keep forgetting how much stuff I have! Everything got set up, and then I helped prepare all the food we had. My friend was one of the first to arrive, and after that, the night just seemed to go by quick! We had many people show up, jewerly was tried on, put back, tried on again, ooooo'd and aaaaah'd at. Sales racked up for both Mandy and I. It turned out great! Between the two of us, we made over $600!

I also had a sheet of squares to sell, to raise some money for the PHA, being that it is still Awareness Month! The winner got $25 in jewelry. I sold $40 in squares, so that will go to PHA!!

All in all, it turned out to be a great evening! I had a good time, and despite my aching feet when I got home, I'd do it all over again!! Now I need to re-stock my store on Etsy, because a ton of stuff expired, and I need to re-price things. The only bad thing I didn't do for myself last night was write down what I sold. Because now, I have to go back and look through all my stuff, to see what is missing!! lol Oh well, I have a lot more time now to do that! Then maybe I can sell more there!

Comments

Teddybear said…
I'm so happpy for you. I am glad you had a great time - the food is begining to make me hungry. It does sound like a great success. Love ya, Deb.
Nancy said…
Congratulations on a great sale and a wonderful evening.

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day