Duh!

I must have been rather tired when I posted my clarification last night. I forgot to mention that my parents are actually going down to Lisa's, barring any weird happenings with the weather. So, Joanie and I were texting last night about having Thanksgiving together. I suggested microwave meals. She said we could do something different. So I suggested Chinese food! She said sure, provided they'd be open on Turkey day. To be quite honest, I am not going to miss all the turkey day preparations. Save for one thing.....my pecan pie. Joan told me to make a tart. LOL! I should, because I sure as heck can't eat a pecan pie myself! WAIT, scratch that. I SURE COULD eat a pecan pie by myself, but I SHOULD NOT! LOL!

It'll be an interesting Thanksgiving. I had one turkey day about 8 years ago by myself. I was very sick, and my parents went to my Grandma's for that weekend. I had a boyfriend at the time, but he didn't end up coming over (one of the reasons he's an ex!!). So it was just me and Shelby. Mittens wasn't in the picture yet. At least this turkey day I won't be so lonely! I'll have my Joanie! And maybe Mandy's family later on for dessert. I don't know yet! Mandy is having maybe 20 people at her house for dinner (all of Ron's family.....I hope she has lots of alcohol), so going over there would be so chaotic. Dessert might be better! It's still early, we can plan as the day gets near!

Comments

Annette said…
I hope that you will have a fabulous Thanksgiving. I say, make the pie and eat the pie...with ice cream!
love
annette
Nancy said…
Spending the holidays alone is difficult, but if you plan some special activities, it will fly by.

I usually pick up some DVDs from the library that I haven't seen before. I prepare a small scale feast: roast a small turkey breast (so I have some left overs), yams from a can, etc. It is possible to have a special day for yourself.
Anonymous said…
I agree make that Famous pecan pie and indulge:)) Thanksgiving only comes once a year...LOL

Chinese would be different and I am sure you two would not be the only ones there..

Have a great Sunday..I am going to post some pics of Homecoming soon today...
Love & Hugs,
Jen
Cathy said…
pecan pie sounds yummyy!

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day