I'm Sick, Darn It!

Well unfortunately my body finally took the bait and went towards the germs I've been feeling back and forth for the past month or so. Yesterday afternoon, I started feeling a sore throat. Despite valiant efforts to get rid of it through honey and lemon, tea, soup, more tea, Tylenol, acidophilus, more honey and lemon (etc., etc.), it didn't disappear, and I am now post-nasaly drippy as well. I am so aggravated by this!! This morning I doped myself up with more Tylenol, got ready for church since I had my nephew's baptism after mass, and got myself out the door. The baptism was nice, and I am glad and honored to be his godmother. :) Afterward, we went to Mandy's for some soup and sandwiches. Mandy is just such a great cook! She made 3 soups: chicken tortilla (which I miss, since she used to make it often when living upstairs from me!), loaded baked potato, and mushroom. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the meal, and the yummy bread pudding Mandy made for it afterward! I finally left around 4ish, and called Eve when I got home. I was supposed to go out to dinner with her and Erin, to celebrate Eve's bday, but I felt so yucky. I also felt so bad about not being able to go. I know she understands, but it is just frustrating being sick!! After talking to her, I went to lay down, and Mittens and I napped for 2.5 hours. Well, Mittens napped longer! It felt good to get some rest, but I still just feel blah. And I'm trying to watch how much Tylenol I take, so I am waiting before bed to take more. Not sure if that's the greatest idea, but I love my liver!! I don't want to ruin anything!! I guess I'll be taking it easy for the next couple days. I hope this cold goes away quick and doesn't turn into pure misery for me!!

Comments

Wendy's Mom said…
Sore or scratchy throat is how my cold started out last Monday as well. Then started the nasal drip which turned thick within one day. It never has gotten to the point I felt it was infection but the last few days I just have felt really bad. Hopefully yours will not get to bad other than making you feel tired.

Glad you were able to go and have fun today. UMMMM Bake Potato soup sounds awesome! LOL!

Maybe you can go eat with your friends next weekend!

I still have not made it to Olive Garden! LOL!!

Love,
Sheila
Nancy said…
I had the same symptoms two weeks ago. (Negative strep test.) Thankfully, it didn't turn into anything, but it sure made me miserable and cranky.

The soups sound yummy. I could eat soup every day and not tire of it. Well, maybe not tire of it.
Anonymous said…
Well Hope you are resting and that you feel better soon..That soup sounds good..she actually made three kinds..wow what a cook...LOL

Sorry you missed the Bday celebration but I know she understands..Get rid of that bug soon...Take care

Hugs and love,
Jen

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day