Health Challenge Day 13 - 10 Things I Couldn't Live Without

Write a list of the 10 things you need (or love) most.


This list is really not in any particular order. I am also going to stick with THINGS I need the most. Obviously, I could never feel complete without the people who surround me in my life. If I added them to the list, I wouldn't have room for much else, because they are so important! So, here goes my list!

10. Pulmonary rehab - I totally love going to rehab. Well, most of the time. LOL I can't believe how much of a difference it has made in my life. I've been going for almost 4 years now, and I at least know that twice a week, I will be getting exercise. Lately, I've been motivated enough to also work out at least twice a week here at home. But I know if I had to give up rehab, I'd probably have a difficult time keeping myself disciplined with my routine!

9. My smartphone - Ok, so maybe it's a sad fact that I would totally be lost without my phone. Not only do I make most of my phone calls with it, but it's almost like carrying around a little computer. I can play games on it. I can email, or go on Facebook. I can take pictures and videos with it, some of them even better than my own digital camera. The amount of apps you can get are insane! They allow you to do everything from play a game to give exercise tips to help you create a shopping list. So yes, if I didn't have my phone, I think I'd be completely lost!!

8. My laptop - Can we say electronic device addict? When I am at home, I can be found on my laptop quite a bit. Probably too much. My laptop (used to be my computer!) is my link to the outside world. I mean, the far far outside world. I have been able to connect in so many ways to people with the laptop, by email, social networking sites, chat rooms, even dating sites. I share my stories by blogging. I've sold jewelry. I've bought many gifts. I've learned about things, from illnesses to beauty tips, to upcoming books and movies, and so on. It saves pictures I've taken, and files I've written. So my laptop is a pretty important part of my every day life. Without it, I'd go nuts!!

7. My Saturn - This month, my once-upon-a-time brand new car will be 14 years old. She doesn't look it, well not too much anyway. She has some chipped paint here and there, and some scuff marks from an accident last year. But she still runs great, and she has to, because I really don't know how I'd afford another car!! Miss Saturn hasn't been to too many places, mainly around town, with a few trips to my grandma's house that is about three hours away. I enjoy my freedom with Miss Saturn. I'm so glad to be able to be well enough to get up and drive when I need to or when I want to. So many people think driving is a right, when it really isn't. It's a privilege. I feel so fortunate that I don't need to rely on anyone to get my around, and I appreciate the fact that Miss Saturn came from a good company, and I hope to have her for many more years!!

6. My apartment - Well, obviously this is something I really couldn't do without! But for me, my apartment means my independence. I am able to keep it up pretty good, and I am able to be on my own without daily assistance. Several years back when I was at a point where I thought I might have to move back in with my parents, I actually feared that. I like to know that I can be in a place on my own and to live my life without too much help around the house. My apartment is my comfort zone, and I really do love it here!

5. My crockpot - I got a large crockpot years ago through a survey website I participate in, and I loved it. But it really was a bit big for my needs, so I ended up giving it to Mandy if she didn't mind buying me a smaller one. I'm telling you, I love my crockpot! I have favorite recipes that I've made over, and I'm always looking for new ones that sound good. Soups and chilis are great in there, but meats are especially scrumptious! I'd be pretty sad if my crockpot broke!!

4. My coffee pot - My newfound love of coffee makes me realize I'd miss my daily afternoon cups if I no longer had my cute little coffee pot! K. has made me an addict!! lol

3. Both teaching degrees - It may seem funny that I'm listing something that I can't even really use, but I think  I have them down because I am so proud of myself for accomplishing a higher education. The one I'm glad to have most is my grad degree. Although I knew I could no longer teach while I was working on that degree, I decided to keep working for it anyway, and it's a degree that I am proud to have.

2. My bed - I just love my bed. It's large, I feel lost in it sometimes, it's comfortable. Mittens loves it, as well. lol  I love how decorative it looks, and it makes my bedroom feel like a place I can escape to sometimes, especially if I'm not feeling all that great.

1. My Sony mp3 player - I can't iterate enough how much music is a part of my life. I'd be incredibly sad if I didn't have my Sony, with over 2000 songs on it. I listen to it for hours at least 3-4 days a week. Yes, I often hear the same songs, but they are songs I really love! I do add to it every once in awhile when I remember a song from my past, or I hear something new that I really like. Many times I use the music as my entertainment, instead of watching tv! This would really be a very missed item if it were gone!

Now, maybe if I have a chance tomorrow since it's so late (once again), I'll update this posting with a few pictures of some of the things I would miss!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day