A Little Misunderstanding, A Bit of Hope, And Other Stuff!

Yesterday was a rather busy day! I wasn't exactly sure what to do with myself for the day, so I decided after breakfast to walk on the treadmill, instead of waiting til after dinner later on. I wasn't even into walking for a minute when my mom called. She asked me if I had been praying about the apartment, and I said YES! Why?? She asked if I remembered a lady named Diane O. The name rang a bell, and I asked if she used to go to church. My mom said yes, and that Diane also loves animals, which I also remembered about her. Well, I guess someone told Diane about the apartment when it was in the church bulletin a couple months ago. But at the time, Diane was dealing with her mother who was dying from cancer, and she just didn't want to think about it. However, yesterday, she finally called. She apparently is extremely interested in the apartment, and is supposed to come this week some time to see it. I was soooo happy when my mom told me! I told my mom I was rather relieved because I really didn't want someone from Caroline House coming to live here, and that I'd been having nightmares about it. My mom was like, why?? I said, "Well isn't that the place for battered women?" My mom said no! It is a shelter for women, but it's for women who are homeless for one reason or another, and they try to help the women get back on their feet so they are able to provide for themselves, and eventually be on their own again. Ohhhhhhhhhhh. Somehow, either my mom explained it wrong the first time, or I just didn't listen or hear it correctly. I apologized for misunderstanding that!

So anyway, I am so very hopeful Diane really wants the apartment. From what I remember about her, she was always so nice. She even offered to watch Lady, our first family dog, years ago when we were supposed to be going somewhere. I'm not sure where she's been going to church, but it's been so long since I've seen her. I am just saying lots of prayers that she will become my new housemate!! I really would like someone I at least know about, rather than a complete stranger, or a college kid!!

I got off the phone with my mom and continued to walk. No, I had not been walking while on the phone with her, I would just die if I did that! lol I had all the thoughts of a possible housemate in my head, I was still loving my fabulous hairdo, and I was thinking of other things, and next thing I know, I walked half a mile! I haven't done that in quite a long time! I don't know if that was because I walked a lot earlier in the day than I normally have been, or what. It was a nice feeling though!

About an hour after walking, my mom and I went out to Walmart, then to Aldi's so I could stock up on some fish. Then we went to Blackwind's, a local pet store here, so my mom could get some stuff for Shelby (the cute little silly mutt of theirs!). My mom told me I couldn't get a fish. lol She was only kidding! I bought a new betta, for my bedroom, to replace the one that just died a few days ago. I just love bettas, they are so pretty! I'm back up to having 6 again. Hard to believe I had 9 of them at one point. That's a lot of fish around the house! And it's a blessing that Mittens doesn't give a crap about them, either!!

By the time I got home, I was so beat! I put away my stuff, put the new fishy in the bowl and in my room, and I took about a half hour nap with Mittens. Then I got up and walked down to my parents' house for dinner. Gosh, we had a lot to eat! Homemade pizza, salad, fried zucchini rings, chicken wings, corn on the cob, and fried dough were on the menu! Everything was very yummy, and once again I didn't have to snack on anything for the rest of the night! I got home a bit after dinner, and just chilled for the rest of the evening on the couch. It was really a pretty good day!

Today, I was rather tired even after I got up. But I got ready for church, had breakfast, and went to mass with my mom. Church was so cold, that breathing in that cold air actually was making me a bit sick to my stomach. I was freezing, it was just the breathing that was bugging me. My mom said she didn't think it was cold enough! Kinda funny how opposite people can be from each other! After mass was over, a lady I see all the time at church asked me if I had my hair cut, and said that it looked so good on me! That was rather nice of her to notice! After my mom dropped me off at my house, I chatted on the phone with my good friend, Karen, for quite awhile. After that, I had some lunch, and while eating, I just had this overwhelming feeling of needing to take a nap. Man, I was just so tired! By that time it was around 2:30. I brought my Revatio into the bedroom with some water, since I take it around 3, got the cat out of the cupboard so he could nap with me (awwww), and fell asleep for about 20 minutes. I got up, took Revatio, and then fell asleep again. Mandy woke me up when she called me to tempt me with beads she saw at Hallmark (bad Mandy!). Thank goodness she called, since it was 5! I really had a long nap! I made dinner, ate it, and now I just don't know what to do! I am still really tired. Maybe my 2 days of being out almost all day, and keeping busy, have caught up with me. Guess I'll be resting for the remainder of the evening, and maybe tomorrow, too!


barbara said…
I sure hope that lady takes the apartment and you can quit worrying about it so much, I love your hair that way, it is so pretty.

Glad you had a nice nap.

Anonymous said…
I hope that Diane gets to be your new housemate:)) Praying that will work for you..

It sounds like you have been overdoing it a little..Nice nap;))
and with Mittens:))

Hope you get rested up and have a great day:))

Hugs & Love,
Anonymous said…
I hope all works out with your new possible roomate :)

Popular posts from this blog

Gray Hairs

Saturday Happenings

One Day Good, One Day Bad