Out With The Old, In With The New!

My sister, Mandy, her hubby, Ron, their baby, Hailey, and their dog, Cleo are all moving fairly soon. They'll be out by or before the end of this month. They found a new home that is only about a 5 minute or more drive from my house. I am getting a little sad that they are going. They aren't exactly the type of people to pick up the phone and call you to see what's up. I joked with Mandy that I'm afraid they'll move, and I'll never see them again. lol I know it's not true, but I'm sure I'll be calling them a lot more than they call me (or anyone else for that matter).

Anyhow, my parents were hoping maybe my friend, Dee, could move upstairs. Unfortunately, because of circumstances beyond her control, she isn't able to move right now because of financial reasons. So, we didn't know who would be able to move in, and my mom would have had to put an ad in the paper. Not something I really wanted, but hey, they can't afford to keep the apartment open forever until we got someone!

So, last week, I got IM'd by my friend, Tom's, brother, Pat. Pat told me he heard that I have an apartment upstairs for rent soon. I said, why yes, I do. He seriously wanted to take a look at it, since he and his girlfriend wanted a place on their own. With their 100lb dog. I mentioned something to my mom, and she was leery at first. Especially about the dog. But, she said he could look at it, and yesterday he came over. I showed him around, and he loved it right away! Of course, he's a guy, and a lot of guys (not ALL guys, mind you, just a lot) don't give a care where they live, just as long as it's not too shabby. He called me today to say they want the apartment. I thought he'd give his girlfriend a chance to see it first, but apparently she has put all her trust in him, and said go ahead and take it. So, yaaaaaaaaaaaay!! I will have new housemates right after my old housemates leave!

Ironically, Pat was in Mandy's class in grade school. Ironically, Pat is moving in with his girlfriend, and their dog. Mandy got engaged in her apartment. I mentioned this to Pat, and he started laughing and said there is NO WAY that is happening any time in the near future. Poor girlfriend! lol

Written by melonlady1724 . Link to this entry
This entry has 4 comments: (Add your own)
At least it's someone you know. That's always a load off your mind. Comment from luvmort - 7/16/05 10:35 AM

lolol damn I was hoping for a nice single boy.... Comment from maidothemist - 7/15/05 7:03 AM

Came by your site by chance. I also have a lung disease. I have a blog on aol but never use it. If you ever want to chat LaQuesta42 is my screen name! Comment from laquesta42 - 7/15/05 4:57 AM

Sounds like all worked out great - 'cept for (maybe?) the girlfriend. Poor girl...~ Lori

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day