What's Up With My Dad??

I went to dinner last night with my family, since my Grandma and an aunt were in town. While at dinner, my Dad told me he ordered my birthday present, and he'll give it to me on Tuesday. I asked him if they were windshield wipers, and he said no. (Sidenote: My Dad's a mechanic, so he is always getting things for cars!) He told me it was something I wanted, and that I wasn't sure if I could wait for it since my birthday is in September. Then I realized what it could be! I THINK it might be a tool box holder, with different drawers in it to keep things, such as nails, screws, nuts and bolts, etc. However, I think it would be perfect for beads!! I told him this when I was with him last weekend on our little shopping excursion.

So I'm sitting there realizing that: A) My Dad actually listened to what I said lol; B) My Dad bought me something for my birthday??? In all my almost-30 years (remember people, my birthday is in September, mark your calendars!), my Dad has never bought me or my sisters gifts. My Mom just buys something for us, and signs the card, "Love Mom and Dad." So, I have to say, that once again, I'm a little overwhelmed emotionally that my Dad is getting me something. It's not even the thing he's bought me, it's the idea that he did it! What is up with him lately??? I don't know, but that's ok with me!!

Written by melonlady1724 . Link to this entry
This entry has 4 comments: (Add your own)
One- there is a grandchildTwo- they hear us. They just dont always know what to do with what they hear. I felt the same way when my dad got me my claddaugh ring. I think- they are so thrilled to understand what we want and what it means to us- that they go out (months in advance-lol) and snatch it right up. Yayyyyyy Dad-Comment from maidothemist - 7/27/05 2:11 AM

It's probably a cookie. Comment from luvmort - 7/26/05 4:46 PM

Remember a time when you would spend days thinking about someone? Then, something caught your eye, and ..on an impulse, you bought it for them! Afterwards......the gift seemed a little silly, or maybe extravagant....but you told yourself "hey! its the thought that counts!"....Well...... here you are...this time, its your Dad doing the thinking! Enjoy the gift...and remember..its the thought that counts!Marc :) Comment from grofsand - 7/25/05 11:13 PM

Your dad sounds just like mine. I wonder what it is!?! He even got it early too. Extra kudos for that. Maybe it's a date with "Mr." Snipe!!??! :)((hugs)) ~ Lori Comment from fitzzer - 7/25/05 8:24 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day