A Recipe!

Just for a change, I have decided to put a recipe up here that I love. It's very yummy, and I've made it a couple times so far! I just thought I'd share it!

Strawberry Banana Bread

2c all-purpose flour
3/4tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt
1c sugar
1/4c butter, softened
2 large eggs
1c mashed ripe banana*
1/2c mashed ripe strawberry*
1/3c plain low-fat yogurt**
1tsp vanilla extract cooking spray
(* you can use more strawberries than bananas if you want, I've exchanged amounts before, and it is still good! **I use vanilla-flavored yogurt, tastes yummier! lol)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, & salt, stirring with a whisk. Place sugar & butter in large bowl, & beat with mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1m). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, strawberry, yogurt, and vanilla; beat until well blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist. Spoon batter into 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees, until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan, then remove from pan to cool on wire rack completely.
Enjoy!

Written by melonlady1724 . Link to this entry
This entry has 2 comments: (Add your own)
dammit i just gave away a "too ripe (for me) banana and have about 5 strawberries I was going to throw away that might have worked Comment from maidothemist - 7/12/05 8:32 PM

:) I can't wait to try this. I forgot to buy the yogurt! I'm going to see if maybe there's still some in the fridge. Cross your fingers and thanks again! ~ Lori Comment from fitzzer - 7/12/05 1:47 PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day