Thunderstorms

The past few days, with the hot weather and the unsettled atmosphere, we've had quite a bit of thunder and lightning to contend with, during the day and at night. I absolutely love thunderstorms. I know that there are some people who are downright terrified of them, but I just love them! To me, it's almost peaceful, even when the thunder can be quite loud sometimes. The other night, for some reason, I woke up at 2:30am, and I realized that thunder was in the distance. I lay there for quite some time, listening to the thunder getting closer and closer. The lightning was like flash bulbs going off in the sky. Soon the storm was on us, and the rain started. By 3am, things were calming down, and I was a little bummed. No more lightning or thunder! Until the next time.....which was like the next afternoon. lol

I used to love sitting on my parents' front porch when I used to live there, watching the rain come down, and listening to the thunder. I miss that. I can't do that on my porch, or I'd be soaking wet. lol

Written by melonlady1724 . Link to this entry
This entry has 3 comments: (Add your own)
i love storms Comment from maidothemist - 7/17/05 11:16 AM

I lived on a farm for a time and I loved when the lightening would hit the field. It was spectacular. Comment from luvmort - 7/16/05 12:11 PM

I do too - it's the lightening that gets me freaked out sometimes. My aunt and cousin were both struck and my grandparents house was hit 2x! ~ Lori Comment from fitzzer - 7/15/05 12:16 PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day