A Pretty Tame Weekend

This weekend was pretty nice and quiet, definitely quieter than last weekend. Friday night I ordered was a movie night at home, with my mom, when we ordered Ray. We also did the invitations for my sister's baby shower at the end of the month in Horseheads. Saturday was spent grocery shopping with my parents. I usually go with just my mom, but when you add my dad to the mix, it can be quite a fun time! He told us he wanted to steer the cart at Aldi's, which is just funny because those carts are possessed, and they are hard to keep from going right into a fellow shopper. lol At Wegman's, I kept sending him off to find things for me, since he likes to wander at any given time, leaving us to ask "where's dad?" every few minutes. After shopping, unloading, and putting everything away, I relaxed for a while until I went out with my sister. We went to Third St. and chilled for a few hours, going to a few different bars (mainly to see if there were any large masses of people anywhere, it was pretty dead for some reason!). It was quite nice though, I love my sistore!! Well, I love all my sistores! :-D

Today I went to mass with my mom. My church was supposed to be celebrating it's 55th anniversary, but they cancelled it to have a mass remembering the Pope. Our former pastor was the homilist, and his homily made me realize how much I miss having him at our church. He told the story of actually meeting the Pope several years ago, and when he told the Pope that he was from Niagara Falls, the Pope told him to let his church members know he was praying for the people in NF. I thought it was a touching story. After church, they had a HUGE cake and juice/coffee, so my mom went down to eat and mingle. It was rather nice! After that I went home and fell asleep for a bit since I had a wicked headache. I think it was the cake, it had very sugary icing! Then I went to get my prescription filled, and then went to the cemetary. I just wanted to see if the crocuses had come up more, or if the snow killed them off last weekend. Gladly, the snow hadn't gotten to them! Afterward, I stopped by my parents', and ended up having dinner there. Then, went home!

I tried calling Euan tonight, and when he answered, he and his family were eating dinner. He told me to call back around 8:30, but when I tried, no one answered. I just left a message on the machine, and I'm hoping maybe tomorrow he'll be online. *sigh*

On a little bit of a sad note, I have a PHriend (it has become a habit on the PH message board I frequent, to call each other PHriends, and is rather endearing, I think) who is not doing so well. Her husband posted the other night that she is in bad shape, has some sort of infection that they cannot figure out, and she's gone without food and water for almost 12 days. She is on a medicine for her PH called Flolan, which is almost like having an IV for the medicine, one type of therapy I hope to avoid if possible. She had quite a few relapses during the winter, all which she made through, thankfully. Just a few weeks ago, she went to Hawaii with her husband to celebrate their anniversary. Apparently, she did great there, only having one night where she wasn't feeling to well. Her husband is greatly concerned about her, as we all are. It's funny how I've never met anyone that I'm getting to know from the boards, but we all feel like family. Anyway, I'm keeping her in my prayers, I hope they can figure out what is wrong, and they can help her to get stronger.

Well, I must take my medicine, and then I think I'll go and read. I'm rather tired tonight, so I just might end up falling asleep alot earlier than usual! Have a good night, everyone in J-land!! :-D

Written by melonlady1724 . Link to this entry
This entry has 1 comments: (Add your own)
It sounds like it was mostly a lovely weekend- I am wishing your phriend well. Comment from maidothemist - 4/10/05 10:33 PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day