Just Stuff

Today was a rather interesting day. Maybe. lol I felt really tired, and just wanted to go back to bed, but I had places to go. My sis picked me up after school to get prizes for the games we're playing at the baby shower on Saturday for my other sis. But first we went to Verizon. She finally decided to go get that cell phone! I HAD to make sure that she got a thing for referral, I wanted my free 25 bucks! lol So then, we went back and picked up my mom, since she wanted to go shopping, too. We went to the Dollar General, and found some nice gifts, and finally something to use for favors. While checking out, my sis realized she locked her keys in the car. Ooopsie!!

Now here is a nice part of the story. While my sis went searching for some help, I sat inside the entrance of the store with our stuff. While I was there, I just watched people. I love people watching! I saw one older man at the counter paying for stuff, and I thought I saw something fall from his hand. Sure enough, when he started leaving, I saw the money on the floor. I told him that he dropped it, and he went back to get it, and thanked me very much for telling him. No problem, have a great day, I said. My sis and mom came back in to wait for my dad (yeah, we had to get him out of work to bring the spare keys). The older man came back into the store where we were sitting, and handed me a Mega Millions ticket, and said "I hope you win something," and started walking back out. I was so shocked! I said thank you very much, and he smiled and left. Now, I know that I'm not winning any money because I am just not that lucky. lol But the wonderful gesture that man made just because I told him he dropped something makes me realize that there are some really good people out there. I never expected that at all, and it was such a nice feeling that he would do that! :)

So, my dad came with the key, and we were on our merry way to another store. lol We got some more nice things, and I think we're pretty much set on gifts for the shower games. The rest of my day went well, too. I went out to a couple stores again with my mom to find some more things for the shower, and thencame home and napped. I felt like I almost napped all day after I woke up. lol

I also got a call from my friend, Rob. Kinda unexpected, since we mostly talk on the computer. He told me he was on Grand Island, also unexpected because he lives in Maryland. lol He is here for the week visiting, since his 30th birthday is tomorrow. So HOPEFULLY he will make some time to see me! He said he would, but you never know with him. lol

Well, guess that's it for now. Nothing else exciting going on, just getting ready for going away this weekend. It should be a good time seeing family! :)

Written by melonlady1724 . Link to this entry
This entry has 2 comments: (Add your own)
ok so listen up- when is the drawing and how much stinking money did this man drop? And good luck with the baby shower (although I will talk to you before then). And what on earth does your sister consider the best ice cream stand in town.... ANDDDDDDDDDD why are you both named after food? :) Love ~me Comment from maidothemist - 4/26/05 2:52 AM

This is the sister who locked the keys in the car. I was rather appreciative of having my dad leave work even though he had a lot of orders due in an hour and wasnt able to start on any of them. and i offered to buy him ice cream from the best ice cream stand in town cause we were right near by but he had to work. so i got him lotto tickets instead. and if it wasnt for me being so excited about my new cell phone, which i love, colleenie would not have gotten the mega millions ticket so i at least want some of the money!! :D Comment from balonie24 - 4/26/05 12:19 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day