Concerns

There is a person in my life that I'm very concerned about. This person is someone I love dearly, and she knows it, too. She has trusted to tell me things that she's only told one other person, her couselor. She's extremely emotional, often so bitterly angry that I just don't understand it. I am glad that she trusts me, but honestly, some of the things she has told me scares me about her personal safety. She has told her counselor, and her counselor threatens to tell her parents, or call the police. But her counselor never follows through with that, and I really think she needs to. I just have a hard time understanding how someone could be so terrifyingly angry almost all of the time. The thing that also bothers me is the relationship between her counselor and herself: her counselor has befriended her, which totally crosses counselor-patient barriers. It also makes it much harder for her to open up. Every time she tries to talk to her counselor, she gets angry at everything her counselor suggests. She is so close-minded that I think it's going to do her in. And what can I do? I wish there was something I could do, other than pray for her nightly in the hopes that she will start realizing that she needs to be more open-minded and not think that everyone's out to get her. I feel one day she's going to just blow, and hurt herself or someone else. It's rather frustrating and heartbreaking. :-(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day