An extremely touchy topic

I've debated whether or not to write about this topic, but I decided that I needed to do it to let out the frustrations I currently have regarding it. It's a heavily debated topic right now, that's for sure. I'm talking about the Terri Schiavo case. I have followed it for the past few years that it's been in the news, like a lot of other people. I haven't had a clear opinion about it, because, like many people, I don't know both sides of the story. Sure, I know details here and there. But I don't know what both sides have faced for 15 years, and NEITHER DOES ANYONE ELSE. My point? What gave Congress the right, and the President for that matter, to barge in on a completely private and personal family matter?? I am absolutely IRATE that this has happened. This is nobody's business but the families involved in this matter. IT IS NOBODY'S BUSINESS. It is a very sad situation when the government has to become involved in a matter that has nothing to do with them. Not political, as many of the Congressman have said?? The hell it isn't!! Ugh, I'm just so mad!! I am so sorry that Terri had to be in the middle of this, and that both sides of her family (her parents and her husband) have had to battle each other because no one can come to an agreement over what Terri wanted. But this is THEIR battle, this is THEIR private family matter, and NOT the public's matter. And it is certainly NOT the government's business!!

This whole situation just makes me realize how important it is to have a living will. Please, anyone reading this, make sure that you have one!! Make sure you want your wishes known, so in the unfortunate case that you are in the same situation as Terri, the only person making your decisions is YOU, ahead of time.....and not the government.

Written by melonlady1724 . Link to this entry
This entry has 1 comments: (Add your own)
All we can do now, my friend, is pray! Pray that God's Divine Intervention takes place in Terri's life. Comment from anglswinks - 3/22/05 2:16 PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day