A Very Touching Story

The medicine that I take for my lungs is only delivered to me by FedEx. For almost a year now, the same FedEx guy has come to my house, a very personable man. I actually look forward to seeing him when he comes, just for a small chat and his smile. Today, I saw the truck outside my house, heard my doorbell ring, and so I went to get it. He had already gotten back inside his truck, but when he saw my open my door, he immediately got back out. He told me that this would be the last time he would come to my house, because they were putting him on a different route. But, he wanted to know that, despite not knowing what is going on with me, he prays for me all the time, and hopes I'm doing ok. He also asked if it would be ok to come by once in a while, and see if I was outside so he could say hello. I can't even say how touched I am, that a complete stranger (pretty much) is so caring to someone he doesn't even know. I asked him his name, and he said it was Vincent. He even gave me a hug. I tell you what, just typing this brings me to tears! I'll miss seeing him, and hope that he does stop by if I'm out on my porch during the summer. But the thing that just overwhelms me is to know that someone I barely know is thinking of me, and praying for me. I never expected that out of someone who I saw only once a month. I am truly touched by his kindness.

Written by melonlady1724 . Link to this entry
This entry has 2 comments: (Add your own)
OK I saved this one so I wouldnt forget to comment . That is the best story ever colleen. I think I am in love with your fed ex man Comment from maidothemist - 4/4/05 7:46 PM

Awwww...:-) How sweet that Fed Ex man is. :-D Now would be the time to call Fed Ex, and put in kudos for him! :-) He sounds like a very nice person to know. Comment from anglswinks - 3/30/05 1:12 PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day