A memory from a bad time

I decided to look through my writing folder before going to bed, to see what I had in there. I sometimes write something, and then forget all about it. lol I came across a poem....actually, a bunch of poems....that I wrote when I was going through the loss of my best friend several years ago. No, she didn't die. In some ways, I wish she had. It would have made things a lot easier than they were at that time. We had a falling out of sorts, but as the years go by, I realize that she sometimes wasn't much of a friend to begin with. That's hard to say, after being so close for over 20 years. I still miss her sometimes. And I remember the good times that we did have together. But then I think of the crap she put me through a lot of the times, and I think, maybe I am better off. So, here is one of the (cleaner) poems I wrote about that time.

What happens when you lose your best friend?
Is there another place to find one…
Or do you just hope for the day when she realizes you’re gone?

What if she never realizes?

Do you try to make amends?
When you’ve been the only one to do so…
Or do you just hope for the day when she realizes you’re gone?

What if she never realizes?

Do you stay mad at her for the rest of your life?
Not caring that it hurts so bad inside…
Or do you just hope for the day when she realizes you’re gone?

What if she never realizes?

Written by melonlady1724 . Link to this entry
This entry has 2 comments: (Add your own)
If she never realizes, she is not the friend you thought she was to begin with. Let go of the madness and hurt, and move on to a new phase in your life, with friends who DO care and do NOT hurt you. Comment from anglswinks - 3/28/05 2:03 AM

you try to forgive and move on.. because holding onto that pain is just plain bad for you. Comment from maidothemist - 3/27/05 6:30 AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Changes

My Most Inspiring Possession

The Ideal Day